Sunday, October 2, 2016

Intertidal Zone

i.

Fierce wind in trees when he speaks to me
Unabashedly strong and sweet
Eyes ocean vast wide and salty fresh
He listens when I think he's lost in thought
Wipes hair from my face; whispers: sweetheart.

ii.

You scare me. Leave me vunerable without bones. Tread lightly into my dark side. I gasp and cover up quickly. You turn into secret coves. I am quiet with myself. Processing: you wonder if there's space for you. The mask makes you angry. Forlorn. You search my underground. I grab your feet. Your hands free grabbing sea stars. Seaweed. Sand. The illusion of safety. The security in fear.

iii.

She walked in from high tide. Never without wetness or roar. Her full self so integral, intimate, succulent like fresh mango dripping juice. Her love: a transformation room.

He loved her for himself but didn't see her. Each time she spoke, he wished her small.

iv.

We were magic. Maybe I brought magic with me. You always thought me fantastic and too much. Memories of that blues club I forget. A special drink: pink and strong. How they played for us extra long; we danced and danced! You couldn't hide it. You loved me.

v.

He won't call and he shouldn't. Can't find no joy outside of what should be and what should it be and shit. Dreams and ethers! I'm ok with truth long as I can walk away cloaked in it.

He doesn't want me to love him but wants my love. He says I love you and doesn't remember. I love him but won't really tell him. Says he's not ready but moves differently. Travels far to forget me. Comes back to be loved. And I love him anyway. I love him any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment