Wednesday, July 19, 2017

When you walk in gratitude for everything, especially sudden change, people often mistake it, belittle it, villianize it or you. They expect you to overreact, to plead, to trick, to do something out of character. No one can hardly believe that there are people in the world strong enough to walk in acceptance, strong enough to be humble and take a lot, strong enough to still be happy and smile. When you walk in gratitude for the creator, for life itself, trials and tribulations let you know that you are close to your core self.
Who are you all the way inside? Are you a thief? A coward? A cynic? A user? Judgemental?  Or are you still loving? Resourceful?  Still seeking happiness? Still feeling blessed?
There's always a choice. People do the best they can with each other. Everyone has tough choices to make in life. Do it in a spirit of peacefulness and good character. It takes practice, prayer and purposefulness.
I am grateful for challenges. I am grateful for acts of kindness (small or big). I am grateful for a buoyant, determined,  resilient nature. I am grateful for spiritual wisdom and guidance. I am grateful to have a big, loving heart (even if no one ever understands me or how many times it's been abused). I am grateful for the love of my children, my family, my friends. I am especially grateful for my ancestors. I am grateful for all the opportunities I get to strengthen my faith and walk in love. Everything in life is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment