Saturday, February 7, 2015

Crown

he didn't want to touch my hair
focused inside my face

said:

you beautiful looking thing.

he paused.

says:

THAT'S WHAT YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE WHEN IT'S DRY???

ummm...yes
i say

*silence*

i thought:
this is one of those things i cannot live with any longer. my man must
love touch
my hair
took me too long
to believe in it

he said:
WHEN I MET YOU, YOU WORE THESE LONG BRAIDS
THIN
GODDESS LIKE I LOVED WATCHING
YOU DANCE
BRAIDS PLAYING DOUBLE DUTCH
WIT YR BREAST AND BACK
SNAP OF YR BEHIND
Ooh...

*silence*

i thought: see. this is why we make better lovers.

i smile.
unable to give myself completely anymore without this special love that saw my crown
of coils divine soft
pleasurable beautiful
desirable

i lay beside him: loving him
with his full beard antennae of hairs loosely coiled up
at the end
i twirl my tongue around a lassoed chunk accepting
his beard its three gray hairs his day old bald head the
coarseness
stubble mixed with coconut oil
i kiss his ear pure delight
ready for his fullness
pantiesquickly softly down my thighs reaching between his legs for
warmthhardnessmoisture fingering
hair blanketing his pubis
field of earth
erect and ready thrusting closer breath synchronized hearts
in clave

i remember that look on his face after the shower

he does not like my hair he preferred it when it wasn't mine
not the halo of curls passed by
my mother's mother's mother
not my own
hair

i gave only my body that night

i never called again

2 comments:

  1. wow....i love the cadence of this peace, the way you draw pictures that make the right sounds--you can hear her heart breaking. you lasso emotions with your choice of words. it was naked and truthful and i love how it comes from a place of power and knowing. she knows her worth and what it would cost to give up her throne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate your comments and for reading my work♡

    ReplyDelete