Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My first erotic dream came from Prince's Dirty Mind poster my friend, Pam had at her house. I had finally met someone young and obsessed with him, too. She had grown sisters who were so tickled by our friendship and endless Prince sharing, that they got tickets for us to see The Purple Rain concert. I babysat to earn money to buy this purple button down shirt and pin stripped Lee jeans to wear. I played with my hair, hoping to look like one of his protégés. My mother, not understanding how deep this was for me, didn't allow me to go because there was no ticket for my sister. I tore the shirt off, threw it down the stairs and locked myself in my room (well closed the door lol). I think I stopped talking for two weeks. Yesterday, she called to make sure I was alright. I cried a lot and was a mess all day. I was never and still not understood, besides being a nice girl. I always felt like he expressed my inner side so deeply. Almost every musican I met became one because of him. I fell in love with Nina Simone because he said in Ebony magazine that she was one of his influences. I'm so grateful, like many others, that he soundtracked my entire life and development. He was free and boy was he beautiful.

4/22/16

No comments:

Post a Comment